Do you love planning events and bringing people together? Do you have a passion for mobility? Are you looking for a side hustle or part-time job that will bring you deep satisfaction by building relationships and making change in your community?
The Providence Streets Coalition Events Manager will play a lead role in planning and executing PSC events. These may include community walk/rolls, social bike and scooter rides, transit adventures, public art installations, tactical urbanism activations, fundraisers, and more! From sponsorships to ticketing to graphic design to day-of logistics, the Events Manager will have a great deal of creative freedom and agency. The role will be supported by the Lead Organizer.
- Hours: Part time, 5-20 hours/week, May-November 2023
- Pay: $20-25/hr, depending on experience
- Reports to: Lead Organizer
- Play a lead role in planning, marketing, and executing a series of community mobility events – walking, biking, rolling, and transit adventures – from spring through fall 2023
- Play a lead role in planning, marketing, and executing a fundraising event in summer or fall
- Recruit and manage volunteers to help with events.
- Maintain PSC’s event calendar, keep the website updated, market on social media, write newsletters
- Make sure everyone who attends events is equipped with knowledge of how to stay connected with PSC
- Solicit in-kind donations and cash sponsorships from businesses in support of events and programs
- Coordinate content creation and printing
- Assist with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok) and newsletter content
- Perform data entry and other administrative and office management tasks
- Commitment to the Providence Streets Coalition’s mission, vision and values
- Some experience planning and executing events, including volunteer management
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to track and execute tasks reliably
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends for rides, events and tabling, volunteer nights, and committee meetings
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and ask for help when needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Working knowledge of EveryAction, WordPress, Asana, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite or other design software is desired but not required
- Excellent communicator with people from diverse backgrounds
- Multilingual abilities are a plus, but not required
How to Apply
Send a brief letter about your experience and interest in the position along with a resume to email@example.com. Please include “Events Manager, YOUR NAME” in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with preference given to applications received by April 15th.