The Providence Streets Coalition is an alliance of community organizations, local businesses, schools, institutions, civic leaders, and engaged individuals advocating for people-friendly streets in Providence. We support providing more transportation options to improve safety, equity, sustainability, prosperity, health, and quality-of-life in our city and region.
Join us as a Partner or Supporter!
Partners are actively involved in the Coalition and dedicate some of their time, energy, and expertise to ensuring voices in their communities are engaged in the process of getting Providence moving on streets built to share. Email Liza if interested in becoming a partner.
When called upon, Coalition Supporters will be vocal proponents of rebuilding our roads in ways that improve health equity, the local economy, our neighborhoods’ quality of life, the resilience of our local environment, and the safety of all people using the streets. Fill out this form to become a Providence Streets Coalition Supporter.
Want to partner with the Coalition? Email Liza to set up a meeting.
- American Heart Association
- Cityside at the Wheeler School
- Cornish Associates
- Clean Water Action
- Dorcas International Institute of Rhode Island
- Downtown Improvement District
- Farm Fresh Rhode Island
- GoProvidence: Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Groundwork Rhode Island
- GrowSmart Rhode Island
- In DownCity
- One Neighborhood Builders
- Partners for Providence Parks
- Providence Foundation
- Providence Neighborhood Planting Program
- RI Transit Riders
- Rhode Island Bicycle Coalition
- Safe on the Road
- Smith Hill Community Development Corporation
- The Steel Yard
- Trinity Square Together
- West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation
- Youth in Action
Want to be a supporter of the Coalition? Fill out this form.
- AAA Northeast
- AARP Rhode Island
- Broadway Bistro
- Congress for the New Urbanism – New England
- DASH Bicycle
- D’Ovidio Law
- DownCity Design
- Downtown Neighborhood Association
- Festival Ballet Providence
- Gotham Greens
- Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island
- Law Office of William J. Conley, Jr.
- Legend Bicycle
- The MET High School
- Mill’s Coffee Roasters
- Mission Electric Bike Shop
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Providence After School Alliance
- Providence Bike Jam (PBJ)
- Providence Community Library
- Providence Preservation Society
- Providence Tour Company
- Rhode Island Associaton of Landscape Architects
- Seekonk Riverbank Revitalization Association
- Southside Community Land Trust
- Tallulah’s Taqueria
- Tapalian Law
- Union Studio Architecture & Community Design
- Urban Greens
- Venture Cafe Providence
- West Broadway Neighborhood Association
- Wild Colonial Tavern
- Woonasquatucket River Watershed Council
Liza Burkin is the Organizer of the Providence Streets Coalition. Liza is an urban planner, mobility advocate, writer, and gardener. She is also on the organizing team for Providence Bike Jam (PBJ), a social group ride / mobile dance party that happens on the last Friday evening of every month. Get in touch with Liza.